Tuesday, January 28, 2003

It turns out the Ars forums have a way of sending you IM or email when a topic you are interested in is updated. At least in theory. I haven't gotten it to work yet :)

175 feels like the limit of an infinite series at this point.

Thinking of a DTD -> ObjectiveC -> XML class generator. What is even cooler, I think you should be able to do this on the fly. I am still working out how to add instance variables to a class. The biggest problem is that I REALLY don't know XML that well. Ohh, I know all the basic tags, etc. etc. but I don't know what is possible: namespaces, includes, schemas, etc. As always, getting something basic working is pretty simple. Making it complete is MUCH harder. I have a feeling that I might be duplicating some of the EOF stuff if I dive into it. Ultimately, this could replace the current Scriptorium XML back-end. However, that is a HUGE side project that I frankly don't have the time for.

Node insertion is looking pretty good. The trick to rapid application development like this is to continually be refactoring how you see things working. I have fiddled with the APIs many times as I try creating something that looks good. I don't get too tied to an implementation, and am willing to pull out large chunks of code if there appears to be a cleaner way of doing things.

Don seemed genuinely impressed with Script. I think he sees the chance to mold the perfect editor.

I have decided to put a calculator in the interface. I am tired of having to pull one up...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home