Sunday, January 26, 2003

man, I keep forgetting to make entries. I guess my life is too boring to keep up with a blog...

179.0 4lbs to go. (sad that I am looking back at my entry for the 21st, and it was 180.0)

Finally got am e-mail from my editor Viki, asking when the book would be done. Looks like April is going to be the month. She seemed okay with it, although I feel pretty damn bad about letting it slip. However, I am really motivated to get Scriptorium to a point that I can use it on a day-to-day basis.

I am thinking a new look at the outline is in order. I have two chapters completely done, and they come out to 100 pages using the default DocBook output. That is a 1/4 of the original booklength goal! I had divided it into ~13 chapters, which would mean the MS will be pushing 700 pages. I need to get a better handle on the organization as well. I was originally going to submit chapters one at a time, but am thinking that it might be best if I get most of the book on disk, and then have the flexibility to move parts around to make the most sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home