Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Brute Force Bezier Curves


I think in order to render TrueType fonts you first have to be able to render Bezier curves. Above is the brute-force method I hacked together for my in-progress rendering engine in lisp. I still don't know how to anti-alias them. Once I get the curves looking good, then I can integrate Xach's zfb-ttf library to get the curves for different True-Type fonts. From the little I've read there is more to decent font rendering than just following the control points. I've seen references to hinting, which I think are instructions for tweaking the font rendering especially at very small sizes.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Zach Beane said...

Everything I've ever read suggests using de casteljau's algorithm to generate a bunch of short straight lines.

The agg site has an interesting paper about determining sufficient flatness.

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home